What Is A Buyer's Agent?
Professional Buyer's Agents, otherwise known as Buyer's Advocates or Property Buying Strategists help investors and first home buyers purchase the right properties at the right price.
Unlike traditional real estate agents whose job is to represent the seller, a Buyer's Agent works exclusively for the buyer.
Experienced Buyer's Agents prevent their clients from making costly mistakes when buying real estate. They take the leg work out of searching for property and secure the best deals for their clients through their networks, negotiation skills and local market knowledge.
A skilled Buyer's Agent can potentially save you thousands by eliminating buying mistakes and placing you in a stronger position than if you were to go it alone in the marketplace. Specifically, they will perform a thorough due diligence of any potential property, making sure you know EXACTLY what it is you're buying and potentially stopping you from over-paying.
Buyer's Agents can also help their clients navigate a fast moving market and give you access to secret listings, off-market deals and ahead of market listings. Properties that other buyers will simply never see.
Whilst other buyers are missing out, the buyers who choose to work with local Buyer's Agents and Buyer's Advocates are signing Contracts and moving forward.
5 Things You need to Ask.
What if I told you that not all Buyer's Agents are the same?
After you've done the google search and social media stalk of your intended Buyer's Agent, here's what you should ask to find out if they are truly legit, and the right fit for you.
1. Do you receive kick-backs or incentives from third parties such as developers or builders in connection with your services?
- kickbacks may mean this agent will be giving biased advice to receive their incentive.
2. How connected are you in the local real estate industry?
- does your agent have good working relationships with local sales agents or are they unknown and unlikely to receive the off-market and secret listings that are reserved for the inner circle?
3. Are you completely independent or are you connected to others in the industry who are paying you?
- some agents will "double dip" when it comes to receiving commissions from both you and the selling agent. This is highly unethical. A reputable Buyer's Agent will work for you and only you. No biases and kick-backs. If they are receiving an incentive, they'll tell you about it beforehand.
4. Will I be working exclusively with you throughout the entire process, or will I be dealing with others in the firm?
- some agents will win your business and then palm you off to an assistant or less experienced agent for part or all of the buying process. No one likes to be downgraded, and it will likely affect your overall result.
5. How long have you been in real estate and do you specialise in buying property in Brisbane?
- put simply, a rookie agent will produce sub-par results. An out of town agent will likely do worse because they are unfamiliar with the local market and won't have the local connections to get you access to the off-market properties and secret deals.
Who Engages A Buyer's Agent?
Interstate investors, international buyers and time poor professionals are among the most common clientele of Buyer's Agents and Buyer's Advocates.
These people recognise that by appointing an industry professional they will achieve a better outcome and grow a strategic, rather than hit and miss property portfolio.
First home buyers are also seeing the benefits of working with Buyers Agents as they help them to avoid costly mistakes made through poor judgement in property selection and lack of expertise in property negotiation.
In a fast moving market, more and more local buyers are engaging Buyers Agents to act for them to help secure property before it even hits the market.
This is where Buyers Agents' professional networks can be a real advantage.
Brisbane Buyer's Agent Fees & Charges.
Here's what it costs to engage a Buyer's Agent in Brisbane ...
Why You Need A Buyer's Agent.
Buying property, whether it be a home to live in, or adding to an investment property portfolio can be an exciting process. It can also be a stressful one.
The trouble is, we're not taught how to buy property or negotiate in school, nor do most of us have the time (or the patience) to learn, and this is where most buyers go wrong.
Too much trust is placed on real estate sales agents who are not under any obligation to work in the best interests of the buyer.
At worst, inexperienced buyers can lose thousands (and not even realise) simply because they didn't know how to negotiate their contract or they unknowingly made a mistake when it came to their purchase.
This is why more and more buyers are turning to Buyer's Agents and Property Buyer's Advocates to eliminate these problems and ensure they make smarter purchasing decisions.
They just don't want to risk buying a dud property or making a poor decision and being stuck with it.
“Wendy’s service is bespoke, from the initial consultation, refining the brief, shortlisting properties, all the way through to settlement – her approach is supportive yet also consultative and when required, assertive.
By employing all these traits coupled with her extensive knowledge of the market and the real estate industry she offers a service that is enviable and simple put, ensures results. If you’re looking to ensure you purchase the right property for your specific requirements, Wendy is your woman!”
- NATALIE THOMAS | BRISBANE
“Simply The Best. I have been in the real estate industry for almost a decade and in my time I have met a lot of characters. Some good, some bad, some not worth remembering. Every once in a while you meet someone in this business that you remember long after your first encounter. Sometimes it’s the way they hold themselves, their knowledge, their passion, their dedication to their craft or their commitment to their clients.
Wendy Russell is someone that you will not forget. With an aura of elegance and gritty determination focusing on the outcome that she wants for her clients in every situation. Wendy’s reputation is built on the most simplest and effective concept in business, hard work. If you are looking for an advocate to guide you through the process of buying property then you must speak to Wendy. I’m not telling you that you should use her just off my recommendation but you at least you need to give her a call and see what she is all about. Within the first minute of chatting to Wendy everything that I have said will make sense to you and I would then encourage you to put up your own testimonial for this incredible woman and real estate specialist.”
— DARREN BONEHILL | SALES AGENT (0422 213 764)